Are you ready for the beach or pool? I apologize if I just gave you anxiety. But it’s time to check your swimsuit wardrobe for the summer season ahead! I know it can be daunting to shop for swimsuits for women over 50, or at any age for that matter. So I approached it from a stylish perspective so you can look and feel your best.
Swimsuits for Women Over 50: Splurge Or Steal
I took a look at designer one-piece suits that you can invest in that will make you look and feel chic in 2023 and beyond. However these designer suits are a big cash investment, so I found look-alike suits with similar styling and features for a fraction of the cost, and some of these actually offer more coverage.
Swimsuit Shopping Tips for Women Over 50
- Consider your body type. If you are larger busted look for molded cups, wider straps and more support in the top portion of the swimsuit. If you are smaller busted look for padded cups and smaller straps (or no straps).
- If you are more pear shaped, darker colors at the bottom of the suit with lighter colors at the top will balance you off. Or try a long torso suit, or a boy short style to give you more coverage and cover your bottom.
- To look slimmer go for a bold print. Prints and patterns act as camouflage and can hide a few bumps and bulges. Also try ruching (pleats and gathers) around the midsection, diagonal color-blocking, wrap tops, sashes and belts to define your waistline and add a lot of style.
- Black is always chic and versatile, but a lighter or bright color will be cooler and more comfortable. Black and dark colors do not reflect the sun as well as white or light colors. Try a bright or pastel color that you love or looks good with your skin tone and you will feel cooler in the sun.
- If you order a swimsuit online be sure you can return it. It is best to order 2 sizes to ensure the best fit. Send back the one that doesn’t fit.
- Find a designer style you like and seek out a similar look for less. Wait, I did this for you! Take a look at my selections below.
Here are some of the best one piece swimsuits for women over 50 to splurge or steal!
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
The Best One Piece Swimsuits for Women Over 50
Zig Zag Tank
I adore Missoni prints and a zig zag tank style swimsuit like this Missoni Chevron One Piece for $580 which will never go out of style. But if you want to get a (somewhat) similar print suit, this Lilibeely Women’s U Neck Backless One Piece Swimsuit from Amazon is only $16! Note: These suits do not have padding or top support, so they are better for smaller busted women.
Hot Pink Deep V Swimsuit
Tom Ford offers the epitome of cool styling and this Tom Ford Plunge Halter Neck Glossy Jersey One Piece Swimsuit for $695 is amazing in trendy hot pink! (It is also available in black, white and violet.) But for a much better cost-per-square inch, this Lace-Up Detail One Piece Swimsuit by Shade & Shore™ from Target is only $40. Besides, it is easier to wear with its lace-up neckline and it offers removable bra cups to give you more support.
Floral Halter Top One Piece Swimsuit
Here’s a forever stylish one piece swimsuit. This this Dolce & Gabbana Ruched floral-print halterneck swimsuit, (was $795, and now $557) checks all the boxes for a figure flattering fit. The ruched waist and large floral print are both slimming and the halter top offers support and shaping if you are large or small. But even on sale this D&G suit is quite an investment, so you may like this less expensive (and less exciting) La Blanca Women’s Multi Strap Cross Back One Piece Swimsuit for $129. It offers figure-flattering styling and support as well.
Color Block Tie Wrap
This Lisa Marie Fernandez Dree Louise Colorblock One Piece Swimsuit for $595 is so chic! I adore the asymmetric diagonal wrap effect in black and creamy white and the sash tie makes it dressy and adds movement. It is a suit you will covet but you can get the look for less! Check out this Cupshe Women’s One Piece Swimsuit Wrap Color Block Tie Side Bathing Suit on Amazon for only $35.
Tropical Print One Piece
If you love bright colors and tropical prints this FarmRio Red Neon Floral One-Piece Swimsuit for $295 is absolutely fabulous. The fabric is textured, too. But for less cash and less impact this Swimsuits For All Women’s High Neck Wrap One Piece Swimsuit is only $80 and it comes in plus sizes, too.
Black Scallop Tank Swimsuit
This Marysia Palm Springs One Piece Wide Strap Tank for $363 is gorgeous and the scallop edge styling has become a classic. This suit is quite collectable and one you will feel comfortable wearing. But for less than one tenth of the price you can pick up this Charmo Black Scalloped One-Piece for $27 on Zuily.
Ruffle Shoulder Multiprint Swimsuit
If you already have a basic swimsuit but would like to try something that makes a statement this lovely Joanna Ortiz Wind Weaver Ruffle Detail One-Piece Swimsuit for $450 fits the bill. The designer details include a flirty ruffle on one shoulder, an interesting large and small graphic print as well as a stripe print belt at the waist. It all comes together beautifully. However, you can also find ruffle swimsuits in fun prints like this Cupshe Women’s Ruffled One Piece Swimsuit V Neck for only $34.
Shopping for swimsuits is never easy, but luckily, there are a lot of options in one pieces for women over 50. Do you meed a new swimsuit this summer? Will you splurge or steal?
You may also like to read New Color Trend To Try: Warm Neutrals With Pops of Bright Colors and So What Is The “Old Money Aesthetic” and Why Should You Care?
This post contains affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. You don’t want to miss a post and promise not to bug you to death. Join our Facebook Group called Growing Younger where women discuss everything good and bad about being over 50. Additionally Lauren hosts a bi-weekly podcast called Beauty is a Bitch! and an Instagram Live series called “Growing Younger Gabfest with Lauren.”