What happens when you combine lip gloss with an appetite suppressant? You get brilliance! Like why didn't I think of that? You may have seen her on HSN hawking her amazing Huge Lips Skinny Hips lip gloss and other dual-purpose makeup but we know and adore Purple Lab founder, Karen Robinovitz. She can always be found in drool-worthy four-plus inch heels…even on the back of a motorcycle!
Purple Lab is a fresh, fun innovative brand that's all about double-duty beauty. As a acclaimed fashion/beauty insider/journalist/author/media vet, Purple Lab Creatrix Karen Robinovitz merges insider tips and tricks with ground-breaking ingredients, cutting-edge delivery systems and trend-setting style.
So how was Purple Lab born? This is story we can relate to! Karen was at a fashion soiree with her husband (who now runs the company with her) stalking the waiters passing those beggar’s purses. Says Karen, “After twenty minutes, I was so full, I had to go home-not even my Herve Leger bandage dress could hold my belly in! I jokingly said to my husband, ‘If my lip gloss could plump my lips and not my hips that would be my dream.’”
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
“My husband looked at me and said, ‘Do it!’ Make this product yourself,’” Karen recalls. Two weeks later, she found a chemist. A business was born! Huge Lips, Skinny Hips was the debut product and less than one year later, Purple Lab hit HSN with a full collection that is constantly expanding.
Inspired by fashion and all things fabulous, Purple Lab offers the science of sexy with lifestyle products that deliver the best skincare benefits. Says Karen, “It’s not just beauty, it’s a way of life with products that cover every need, wish and desire of a girl like me…busy, busy, busy with a thirst for chic,” says Karen.
Back to this amazing gloss…Huge Lips Skinny Hips is a collection of universally flattering lip glosses with plumping performance.
Features & Benefits:
• Plumps lips instantly after application
• Long-lasting formulation
• Increases appearances of lip volume and contour for a sexy pout
• Diminishes the appearance of unattractive lip wrinkles
• Both immediate and long term benefits
• Non-drying formulation keeps lips feeling smooth and hydrated
• Hoodia Gordonii Extract: Derived from the cactus-like plant indigenous to South African and Namibia, mimics the effect glucose has on the brain, sending the message that you are full, making you less hungry
• Vitamin B3: Stimulate blood flow to the lip surface, diminishes the appearance of unsightly wrinkles around the lip area and comfortably creates a plumping effect without stinging or burning
• Meadow Foam Estolide: Natural lipid that binds water to the skin, leaving lips moisturized, conditioned and lusciously soft
• Lemon Peel Oil (Citrus Medica Limonum): An essential oil that leaves lips feeling cool and refreshed, soothing the lips as the blood flow rushes to the surface
• Kitty Poledancer: The most perfect nude with soft pink undertones
• Red Sole: This red is very subtle, almost bee-stung
• Worship Kate: Mauve-ish, pinkish with a dose of brown and berry and a tiny bit of sparkle
• No Panty Lines: Simply clear. Crystal
• Love Your Thighs: Flirty coral
• Lychee Martini: Frothy peach
• Goji Berry Smoothie: Delicious berry
• Limo to Lobby: Sheer pink
I have been wearing the 'Love Your Thighs' gloss continuously since I got it. Not only is it a perfect summer shade of coral, it smells divine and is not the least bit sticky. The fact that it keeps me from noshing makes me love my thighs a little more!
Since the launch of her first product, Huge Lips Skinny Hips, Karen has also successfully launched a collection of foundations, concealers, blushes, eyeliners, mascaras and of course, a complete range of lip products. Catch her on HSN, we do!
Huge Lips Skinny Hips $25.00
Karen was also quoted in yesterday's NY Post. Check it ot here!
– Lauren Dimet Waters
FTC Disclosure: Product Sample Received for Review.