If you are looking for a quick and simple ketogenic diet breakfast this recipe is the one for you. Keto French toast sticks are a crowd pleaser and one your whole family will love…including the kids. Add this keto recipe to your meal plan and serve it as a quick keto breakfast, keto lunch, keto dinner, keto snack or even keto dessert. This recipe is also gluten-free, fairly low in calories and high in protein.
The secret is that there is actually no “bread’ in this recipe. It’s Keto Flourless French Toast Sticks so essentially the main ingredient is eggs.
What is a Keto Diet?
A ketogenic diet is a very low carb, high fat diet. Remember the Adkins Diet that was so big in the 70’s and 80’s? It’s very similar to that and other low carb diets. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis. The Adkins Diet allowed you to slowly increase your carb intake while a keto diet does not. The main benefits of a keto diet (may be) weight loss, diabetes management and heart health.
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
Keto Flourless French Toast Sticks
Yields: 4 servings
Prep: 8 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 28 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- ½ stick butter plus extra for frying
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar substitute (such as Lankanto Monkfruit Sweetener)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: Keto maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter and cream cheese.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, sugar substitute, cinnamon and the melted butter cream cheese mixture to a blender. Blend until incorporated and pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the loaf is set and top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool enough to be able to slice into pieces.
- Add butter to a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Fry both sides of the french toast pieces until golden brown.
- Serve with keto maple syrup.
How to Make Keto Flourless French Toast Sticks
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 404mgSodium: 975mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 14g
You might also like more of Lauren’s keto recipes like Easy No Bake Keto Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Recipe and The Most Amazing Low Carb Cauliflower “Potato” Salad.
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. You don’t want to miss a post and promise not to bug you to death. We also started a Facebook Group called Growing Younger for women to discuss everything good and bad about being over 40. Additionally Lauren now hosts a podcast called Beauty is a Bitch! and a weekly Instagram Live series called “Growing Younger Gabfest with Lauren.”