The Pantone Color Institute just released the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report Spring/Summer 2023 for New York Fashion Week last week. They reported “From uplifting brights to ultra-calm tints and tones, colors for Spring/Summer 2023 are recalibrated, highlighting the expression of individualism in unexpected ways.” So will we see these colors on the runways and in stores for Spring 2023? Indeed we have, and we will! And I have proof.
Pantone Fashion Color Report Spring/Summer 2023
I took a look at the Spring 2023 ready-to-wear collections at New York Fashion Week that just wrapped up and spotted all of these color trends. Some were more prominent, especially the cool peachy pinks and soft blues. But shots of your favorite leafy spring greens, hot pinks, oranges and yellows popped up as well. Well, those are my description of the colors, but here are the top 10 standout colors as named from the Pantone Color Institute, along with designer looks in each of the colors from the Spring/Summer 2023 collections.
Spring/Summer 2023 NYFW Color Palette
The colors for Spring 2023 include a range of contrasting colors encouraging experimentation and individualistic expression.
1. PANTONE 18-1664 Fiery Red: a super charged red tone signaling an energetic intensity on a sleek gown at Christian Siriano.
2. PANTONE 18-2143 Beetroot Purple: an emboldened fuchsia hue depicting the fruits of nature on a full skirt at Alice + Olivia.
3. PANTONE 15-1335 Tangelo: a tangy, tasty vitamin enriched orange on a flowy gown at Markarian.
4. PANTONE 15-1530 Peach Pink: a nurturing peach tone invites you in for a warm embrace in this comfy ensemble at Ulla Johnson.
5. PANTONE 14-0756 Empire Yellow: a luminescent yellow that radiates joyfulness on a sporty dress and arm warmers at Bibhu Mohapatra.
6. PANTONE 12-1708 Crystal Rose: a clear pink conveying modern romance on an asymetrical dress at Carolina Herrera.
7. PANTONE 16-6340 Classic Green: a nourishing green imbued with health giving qualities on a 2-piece set at Lela Rose.
8. PANTONE 13-0443 Love Bird: an exotic green with a lively character on a sweater set at Tory Burch.
9. PANTONE 16-4036 Blue Perennial: a stand-out blue that spikes the palette on a two-piece shirt and skirt set at Atuzurra.
10. PANTONE 14-4316 Summer Song: a clean blue tone that expresses relaxation and tranquility on a pair of pants at Tom Ford.
Are you looking forward to Spring 2023 fashion? Do you have a favorite Pantone Fashion Color from NYFW?
You may also like to read The Non-Fall Color Trend For Autumn 2022 for Women Over 50 and 9 of The Best Fall 2022 Fashion Trends for Women Over 50.
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. You don’t want to miss a post and promise not to bug you to death. We also started a Facebook Group called Growing Younger for women to discuss everything good and bad about being over 40. Additionally Lauren now hosts a podcast called Beauty is a Bitch! and a weekly Instagram Live series called “Growing Younger Gabfest with Lauren.”