This easy-as-pie (or pork) recipe has become a family favorite. It’s so simple to make I just had to share it. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen anyway, so a quick trip to the store is all you need. Serve with a vegetable and a rice of your choosing. I love anything with capers and lemon so the surprise of pork is a nice change to chicken…and it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Easy Pork Chop Piccata
2 (1 lb) packages of butcher’s cut boneless pork chops
1 cup flour (I use organic)
2 tbsp butter
4 tablespoons olive oil (or a little less)
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup capers
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Place each pork chop between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound with mallet (rolling pin works too) until 1/2 inch thick.
- In a shallow bowl pour flour with some salt and pepper (to taste).
- Dredge each pork chop in the flour.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan or cast iron skillet add a tbsp of butter and 2 tbps of olive oil. Sear the pork chops 2 at a time for 4 minutes each side on a medium/high setting. Add the remaining olive oil for the second batch. Set cooked pork chops on a paper towel lined plate loosely covered with tine foil to rest.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining butter, chicken broth, capers, lemon juice into the pan. Bring to a boil and season with a little salt and pepper to taste. Add the pork chops back to the pan and simmer for 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve with sauce ladled on.
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
If you don’t like pork, but are looking for a great easy meal try Vera Sweeney’s Easy Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe With Turkey And Cranberry which are also great for holiday leftovers!