Sheet pan chicken teriyaki is a weeknight family favorite. I love it because it’s so easy to make and healthy. The kids love it because it tastes delicious. This teriyaki chicken recipe is made with juicy chicken breast, stir-fry vegetables and a flavorful sweet and tangy sauce. It’s super simple to throw together and all I have to do is make some cauliflower rice for myself and regular white rice for the rest of the family.
Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes
I used to not understand the beauty of a sheet pan meal. But now that I have developed a few sheet pan recipes that are tried and true I find myself turning to them more and more. Especially when I don’t have much time to prep. They are ideal for weeknights when everyone is running in a hundred different directions, yet I want to serve a family meal.
My family loves anything with a sweet and savory flavor profile and this homemade teriyaki glaze is so simple to make. All that is required is chicken breast (I use organic) and a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies. The rest of the ingredients are probably items you already have in your pantry (like brown sugar and cornstarch). This delicious sheet pan meal takes only 10 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to bake and is packed with protein.
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
Sheet Pan Chicken Teriyaki
Yields: 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes| Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut lengthwise in half
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (use gluten free if necessary)
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or neutral flavored oil) + extra for drizzling on vegetables
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 20 oz bag of frozen stir fry veggies
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Slice two large chicken breasts in half lengthwise and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, avocado oil and honey. Pour the mixture in a small saucepan on medium heat. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water. Pour mixture into the saucepan and stir to combine. Allow the sauce to come to a simmer before turning off the heat.
- Drizzle a light amount of teriyaki sauce on each piece of chicken, coating the top and the bottom.
- Place chicken in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the chicken breasts. Add frozen vegetables to the baking sheet surrounding the chicken. Lightly drizzle avocado oil on the vegetables and toss. Sprinkle pepper on the chicken and vegetables if desired. Place back in the oven to bake for 20 additional minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice. Serve chicken and vegetables over rice. Use the extra sauce to drizzle on the meat and vegetables and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 1762mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 6gSugar: 30gProtein: 26g
You might also like these chicken recipes: Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Keeps You Warm On A Chilly Day and Delicious Garlic Butter Skillet Chicken Is Easy To Make In One Pan.
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. You don’t want to miss a post and promise not to bug you to death. We also started a Facebook Group called Growing Younger for women to discuss everything good and bad about being over 40. Additionally Lauren now hosts a podcast called Beauty is a Bitch! and a weekly Instagram Live series called “Growing Younger Gabfest with Lauren.”