The busy holiday season is here and you may find it difficult to keep up with your fitness and diet goals. There’s no need to stress out (more)! Just keep a few things in mind and you can stay on track and still enjoy yourself at holiday parties. Equinox Chicago Group Fitness Manager Julie Bellis shared these healthy fitness tips to follow during the holidays.
• Believe in yourself and help others stay on track. Add your workouts to your calendar and stick to it! Recruit a buddy or training partner for accountability during the holiday season.
• Get up and move! Adding short bursts of intense effort to fire up your metabolism can keep weight off during the holidays. You don’t need equipment and if you can’t get to the gym, use your body weight for a BOOST!
• Cook at home. Prepare meals so you don’t eat out as often during the holidays. Have fun at holiday parties but eat healthy, nutrient dense meals prior to arriving at your event. You will make smarter choices while you are with friends, family and co-workers.
• Drink less and sleep more! Minimize drinking at parties and holiday events. You will sleep better without the nasty hangover in the morning!
• Incentivize yourself. ‘Tis the season for giving so reward yourself! Happy Holidays!
If you follow these tips you won’t have to make so many New Year’s resolutions!
Read our fitness class review Best Butt Ever: A Fitness Class At Equinox
– Carol Calacci