Gluten-free deep dish pepperoni pizza bites are simple to make. They are perfect for game-day, lunch, a kid-friendly dinner, as a snack or an appetizer.
Who doesn’t love pepperoni pizza bites? Kids or adults? I find them to be the best Superbowl food. But if you are gluten-free you probably don’t eat pizza very much, and that is a shame.
Gluten Free Deep Dish Pizza Bites
While I have come to love cauliflower and some gluten-free pizza crusts over the years, my family does not. They are down for pepperoni pizza anytime, anywhere. In fact my Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread is legendary and was a favorite when my boys were little. But I have since ditched most gluten. So I had to come up with a gluten free pizza recipe that tasted like the real thing.
Spoiler alert! The key ingredient is Gluten Free Bisquick. It’s one of my favorite gluten-free products and it’s so easy to use. If you are vegan or dairy-free you can swap out the cheese, but if I got rid of that too, my family would rebel! So if you’re looking for a delicious and easy Superbowl snack this pizza bite recipe is sure to please.
Gluten Free Deep Dish Pepperoni Pizza Bites
Yields: 9 servings
Prep: 5 minutes |Cook: 15 minutes | Total: 20 minutes
- 1 ⅓ cups gluten free Bisquick baking mix
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Sliced pepperonis, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a regular sized muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the two eggs. Add garlic powder, dried basil and salt. Stir to combine. Mix in Bisquick, water and oil.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill each muffin tin ½ way full with the batter.
- Spoon ½ tablespoon of pizza sauce over the top of the crust batter.
- Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
- Top with quartered pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the pan and serve warm with an extra side of pizza sauce for dipping if desired.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 410mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
You might also like these recipes: Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Keeps You Warm On A Chilly Day and Immune Boosting Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Starts Your Day A Healthy Way.
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. You don’t want to miss a post and promise not to bug you to death. We also started a Facebook Group called Growing Younger for women to discuss everything good and bad about being over 40. Additionally Lauren now hosts a podcast called Beauty is a Bitch! and a weekly Instagram Live series called “Growing Younger Gabfest with Lauren.”