My kids love pizza.The would seriously eat if for dinner every night if I would let them. The problem is, one of my boys likes cheese and pepperoni and the other one just likes pepperoni. That’s right. He just wants sauce and pepperoni. I feel for that a few orders and then realized as long as you don’t say the word “cheese” when you order the pizza (I just say pepperoni and since I live in NY it’s understood I also mean cheese) he will eat it. Just don’t ever order a cheese and pepperoni pizza within ear-shot.
My sons have been asking me to make pizza at home and I always think my homemade pizza is horrible. I also wanted to make preparing pizza a hands-on family event so they could help. So I got to thinking, everyone loves monkey bread right? Why not make a savory one? It’s easy to roll dough balls and the kids will love that part!
Pulling apart their meal and dipping it into sauce proved to be a hit. They loved this recipe and it’s super easy to make. In fact, it only requires a total of 7 ingredients and some I always have in my home (olive oil, butter and fresh garlic). Simply buy pre-made pizza dough and you are good to go!
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread Recipe
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 package pepperoni slices chopped into 1/2 pieces
1/4 cup chopped parsley
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 lb. frozen pizza dough, thawed
Marinara sauce for dipping.
1. Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with olive oil non-stick cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, Add sliced pepperoni and stir 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and pour into a medium bowl.
4. Add in parsley, butter and blend. Stir in cheese.
5. Roll 1-inch pieces of dough into balls. Roll the balls in pepperoni mixture to coat.
6. Layer the balls in prepared pan.
7. Cover and let the dough rise for about 45 minutes or until the balls have doubled in size.
8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
9. Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes.
10. Loosen edges with bread knife and invert onto a serving plate.
11. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
If you like this recipe, please pin it!
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. Oh and we also started a Facebook Group called Aging Backwards for women to discuss everything good and bad about being over 40.