Compared to last year we’ll all be staying home a lot more. If you’re planning your work from home, Zoom happy hour and family holiday dinner outfits for the next couple months, consider sweater dresses! Staying in may be the new going out, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look pulled together while being comfortable. Zoom can be your runway! Here are my favorite sweater dress styles under $80.
Best Sweater Dresses from $35 – $80
Cozy Knit Dresses
If you’re looking for a simple sweater dress in a neutral color, look no further than this dress from Madewell! Its curved hem is very flattering for most body types and it’s available in cream and a pretty brown hue. This dress is very versatile and can easily be dressed up or down, depending on which accessories you pair it with. The marked down price is a bonus! For those looking for a sweater dress with a more casual, relaxed fit, this slouchy dress from ASOS is an affordable buy at only $35! I love the burgundy color, high neck and dropped shoulders and it looks very comfortable.
Balloon Sleeve Sweater Dresses
The balloon sleeves on this Prologue sweater dress from Target are totally on-trend this season. This dress comes in cream and brown. Its relaxed silhouette can easily be dressed up when worn with pumps or sleek boots or style it with sturdy combat boots for a casual vibe. You can also wear it belted for a more fitted look.
Midi Length Sweater Dresses
For those who are on the taller side, a chic midi length sweater dress is very flattering as it will elongate your silhouette! This textured dress from Banana Republic Factory is available in a rustic red hue and heather gray. It’s marked down all the way to $35 from $100, which is a great deal!
Turtleneck Sweater Dresses
Turtleneck sweaters and dresses are always in style for autumn and winter! This Who What Wear sweater dress is classic with a twist. Besides its flattering turtleneck, this dress has bell sleeves and side slits at the hem. It comes in plus sizes too. I think this would be a wonderful dress to wear for a holiday dinner or Zoom happy hour with a berry or red lipstick!
Cable Knit Sweater Dresses
This cable knit dress from Banana Republic Factory caught my eye. I revere the powder blue color and it looks so soft! You can’t beat the marked down price, and if you’d prefer a more neutral color, it’s also available in camel and charcoal grey. This would be a comfortable dress to wear while working from home.
Color-Block Sweater Dress
If you’re into the color-block trend, this comfy, casual dress from ASOS would be a worthwhile buy! Its relaxed fit is perfect for wearing around the house. I would suggest wearing it with your coziest pair of boots.
Tie Dye Sweater Dress
If you still like the tie-dye trend, Urban Outfitters has an unexpected sweater dress. (I never thought tie-dye would be on a sweater dress, but I like it!) This dress is a little short, so I would recommend ordering a size up and pairing it with opaque tights. I love the v-neckline too, it’s almost like a throwback to the classic, preppy sweaters worn in the 80’s and 90’s.
Tips for Styling Sweater Dresses
- Find the right sweater dress silhouette for your body type. For example if you’re tall, consider a midi length. If you are petite, make sure you don’t wear one too oversized or it will overwhelm you.
- When it’s chilly, pair a sweater dress with comfortable tights and your favorite boots or booties.
- Try a pair of skinny jeans, leggings or even flair trousers under a shorter sweater dress and wear it like a caftan.
- During in-between weather, no need to wear tights and pair a sweater dress with anything from sneakers to loafers.
- Don’t forget to accessorize but there is no need to layer on the jewelry. A statement necklace or a pair of bold earrings will make your overall look more glamorous and fun.
Shop Sweater Dresses for Less
- Madewell Curved Hem Sweater Dress, now $60
- ASOS Missguided Knitted Sweater Dress in Burgundy, $35
- Target Balloon Long Sleeve Sweater Dress – Prologue™, $39.99
- Banana Republic Factory Textured Sweater Dress, now $40
- Banana Republic Factory Cable Sweater Dress, now $36
- Target Bell Long Sleeve Sweater Dress – Who What Wear™ Black, $34.99
- ASOS Missguided Oversized Color Block Sweater Dress, $42
- Urban Outfitters Norah Tie-Dye Sweater Dress, $80
What is your favorite style sweater dress? How will you style it?
– Claire Mykrantz
You may also like to read more of Claire’s looks for less posts like How to Shop a Street Style Inspired Fall Look for Less and How To Find The Best Camel Coat For Less.
This post contains affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. You don’t want to miss a post and we promise not to bug you to death. Oh and we also started a Facebook Group called Growing Younger for women to discuss everything good and bad about being over 40. Be sure to listen to Lauren talk about all things anti-aging on the new podcast “Beauty is a Bitch!”
Image Layout: Fountain Of 30