One beauty trend I am completely enamored of this summer is melon/coral lipstick. Now as someone who is a direct descendant of an dedicated and committed orange lipstick wearer (my mother), I never thought in a million years I would ever take to this color – yet I have. Christian Siriano, Creatures of the Wind, DSquared, DKNY, Dennis Basso, Fendi, MSGM, Ports 1961, Prabal Gurung and Rag & Bone were just some of the designers to show melon or orange hued lipsticks on the runway. No matter your skin-tone color, there is bound to be the perfect hue for you. Don’t fear you will look older or dated, unless of course you pair your new coral shade with blue eyeshadow. If you fear the color, go with a more sheer formula which will allow your skintone to shine through or simply blot for a more matte look.
Shown above are 6 of our favorite coral/melon lipsticks.
1. NARS Lipstick Barbarella (sheer peach), $26
2. LORAC ‘Alter Ego’ Lipstick, Flower Child, $16
3. Dolce&Gabbana Beauty Classic Cream Lipstick, Delicious 415, $33
4. Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Mango (coral pink), $26
5. Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Melon, $26
6. Lipstick Queen ‘Sinner’ Lipstick in Coral, $22
– Lauren Dimet Waters