What’s not decadent about champagne? Famous writers like Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald adored it. Beyoncé bathes in it in music videos. It’s crisp, bubbly and makes you feel ultra-fancy every time you drink it. But why just save it for special occasions? You can add a little bit of champagne to your every day routine. No, that doesn’t mean drinking a glass daily.
Champagne is a hue that at its base is a neutral tone. It has all the makings of a beige coloring but with an added dose of sparkle. It may not be the best to wear to work in an ultra-conservative office but if you can get away with it, add a little champagne to your daily outfits. And what’s better than adding this sparkly shade to your wardrobe? Definitely add it into your makeup routine. This color is perfect for highlights on your face or for an all-over glow.
There’s a reason why Fitzgerald said, “too much of anything is bad but too much champagne is just right.”
1. Jimmy Choo “Sweetie” Champagne Glitter Clutch, $750
2. Voluspa Masion Noir “Crisp Champagne” 2 Wick Printed Tin Candle, $22.50
3. ModCloth “Twinkling at Twilight Dress” in Champagne, $169.99
4. David Yurman “Albion” Earrings with Champagne Citrines and Diamonds in Gold, $2,750
5. Stila Eye Shadow Tri Pan “Champagne Glow”, $28
6. Day Dreamer “Champagne Please” T-Shirt- Long Sleeve, $46.36
7. Rent the Runway, Kate Spade New York Pop Fizz Clink Clutch, $50 rental
8. Too Faced Shadow Insurance “Champagne” Primer, $20
9. Essie Sheers Nail Color “Imported Champagne”, $8.50
– Taneisha Jordan Willour
Image Layout: Tequilla Perrin
Style Sleuth: Toast to Champagne (Hues)!
July 20, 2015