Summary: Personally I am not completely sold on the flared jeans a la Charlie's Angels trend, but I'm here to help you navigate these possibly stormy waters should you chose to tread them. No need to panic at the disco! While it would seem this spring season is all about the '70s (glittery disco dresses, flares and boogie shoes in the form of platforms) the trick to pulling the look off with dignity and grace (and not look like a fashion victim) is to wear one 70's trend at a time. Take the flared jeans shown above. Your best bet is to pair them with something structured like a fitted tee and/or jacket. Try to avoid boho or peasant tops and fringe bags if you get my drift. Look 70's on the bottom and 2011 on top! Feel free to layer on necklaces and rings, but if you must belt these babies…keep it simple. By the way, the best selection and prices of designer flared jeans I found by far was at Yoox.
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
1. ASOS 1970’s Inspired Flared Jeans, $62.76
2. Liu Jeans, $95
3. K By Karl Lagerfeld Jeans, $142
4. Dolce & Gabbana Jeans, $278
5. True Religion Carrie-Flare Jeans, $224
6. Hudson Ferris Flare Jeans, $198
7. Current/Elliot ‘The Bell Jean’ Flare Leg Stretch Jeans (Fuel Wash), $218
8. AG Adriano Goldschmied ‘The Belle Flare’ Jeans, $224
9. Stella McCartney Jeans, $234
10. 3.1 Philip Lim Jeans, $59
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Image Layout: Molly Murphy