Since I’m from Buffalo I’m a real snob when it comes to anything “chicken winged.” Go Bills! Yet I am a sucker for a really good Buffalo chicken dip. This buffalo chicken dip recipe is a favorite because it’s not only delicious, it’s packed with protein and keto-friendly. In fact it’s my go-to game day appetizer as well as a crowd-pleaser.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Secret Ingredient
What’s the secret to great tasting keto buffalo chicken dip (or any Buffalo dish including wings)? It’s Frank’s RedHot Sauce. It’s what is used in Buffalo and the only sauce that’s authentic. Now this recipe uses cream cheese but feel free to substitute with plain unsweetened Greek yogurt instead if you’re looking to count down on calories. Just don’t use non-fat (low-fat is OK) or it won’t taste nearly as good.
Here is my easy keto buffalo chicken dip recipe. It’s super easy and takes only 5 minutes to put together.
Keto Skillet Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yields: 6 servings
Prep: 5 minutes| Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream (may substitute with plain unsweetened Greek yogurt)
- ⅓ cup Frank’s buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Optional: sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, wing sauce and shredded chicken. Mix thoroughly to incorporate all ingredients.
- Transfer dip into a 9” cast iron skillet. Use a spatula to evenly distribute the dip and smooth the surface.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Broil the dip for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sliced green onions if desired. Serve warm with veggie sticks, such as celery, or low carb tortilla chips.
Serve warm with veggie sticks, such as celery, or low carb tortilla chips. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 552mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
Serve warm with veggie sticks, such as celery, or low carb tortilla chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You might also like these recipes: Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie Keeps You Warm On A Chilly Day and Yummy and Healthy Veggie Loaded Chickpea Nuggets (Gluten Free).
This post contains affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you.
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. You don’t want to miss a post and promise not to bug you to death. We also started a Facebook Group called Growing Younger for women to discuss everything good and bad about being over 40. Additionally Lauren now hosts a podcast called Beauty is a Bitch! and a weekly Instagram Live series called “Growing Younger Gabfest with Lauren.”