You’ve seen head-to-toe winter white outfits on celebs and in magazines but are left wondering…can you pull the look off yourself? A mere mortal over the age of 35? Yes you can! White is not just for summer anymore as long as you wear white right. Think ivory cords/jeans, wool sweaters, turtlenecks and even white booties.
Yet there are some steadfast rules for wearing all white and not looking like Mr. Clean. Don’t worry, these 8 rules are not that hard to follow.
- You need confidence. You will turn heads so be well prepared. If you like to fly under the radar, you may want to sit this one out.
- You want to mix shades of white and cream in different weights and textures. The kiss of death is to be too matchy-matchy. A shaggy cream coat or a chunky fisherman’s sweater are always safe bets.
- When in doubt go for well tailored pieces. Think classic cut trousers, a silk blouse and a single-breasted 3/4 length coat.
- Do not wear anything too tight! It will accentuate every bump and imperfection. You want the outfit to be either structured or have movement.
- Do not over accessorize. This is a bold look on it’s own so add a pair of white shades and little jewelry.
- Don’t overdo your makeup, but think about a bold lip. The contrast will be lovely against a white canvas.
- It used to be you would never dare wear white shoes (or booties) and carry a white bag while wearing all white. But that was so 2015. The point is to wear white head-to-toe…right now.
- Use the KISS Method (keep it simple stupid). Because the look is monochromatic it will have a sleek modern look. Don’t over think it.