You’ve seen head-to-toe winter white outfits on celebs and in magazines but are left wondering…can you pull the look off yourself? A mere mortal over the age of 35? Yes you can! White is not just for summer anymore as long as you wear white right. Think ivory cords/jeans, wool sweaters, turtlenecks and even white booties.
Yet there are some steadfast rules for wearing all white and not looking like Mr. Clean. Don’t worry, these 8 rules are not that hard to follow.
- You need confidence. You will turn heads so be well prepared. If you like to fly under the radar, you may want to sit this one out.
- You want to mix shades of white and cream in different weights and textures. The kiss of death is to be too matchy-matchy. A shaggy cream coat or a chunky fisherman’s sweater are always safe bets.
- When in doubt go for well tailored pieces. Think classic cut trousers, a silk blouse and a single-breasted 3/4 length coat.
- Do not wear anything too tight! It will accentuate every bump and imperfection. You want the outfit to be either structured or have movement.
- Do not over accessorize. This is a bold look on it’s own so add a pair of white shades and little jewelry.
- Don’t overdo your makeup, but think about a bold lip. The contrast will be lovely against a white canvas.
- It used to be you would never dare wear white shoes (or booties) and carry a white bag while wearing all white. But that was so 2015. The point is to wear white head-to-toe…right now.
- Use the KISS Method (keep it simple stupid). Because the look is monochromatic it will have a sleek modern look. Don’t over think it.
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. Oh and we are now on Snapchat too!