My mom used to make the BEST bruschetta. It was garlicky yumminess, but you’d have to stay away from friends and family for a few days. One of my favorite healthy ways to enjoy bruschetta is my bruschetta chicken recipe. The best part is that this healthy, light and simple skillet bruschetta chicken dinner is made in one pan! Did I mention my husband gave me (or himself) a cast iron skillet last year and I have been having so much fun with it?
Low Calorie Skillet Bruschetta Chicken
Well for me the best part is that it’s low in calories and high in protein, since I eat a high protein diet. The herbs on the chicken give it tons of flavor. If you are looking for a low carb bruschetta chicken recipe this is the one you need to try. Simply serve it over zucchini noodles. But for my husband and children I make a side of spaghetti or penne and serve it over that. The bruschetta makes a delightful light sauce.
This recipe takes 30 minutes from start to finish which proves you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to make a tasty, healthy, protein packed dinner.
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
Low Carb Skillet Bruschetta Chicken
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup roma or campari tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, stems removed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use organic)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add all the bruschetta ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Season both sides of chicken.
- Heat one tablespoon of avocado oil in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. After the oil is hot, place the seasoned chicken breasts in the skillet. Allow the chicken to cook for 2 minutes each side.
- Turn off the heat and place the skillet in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes to finish the cooking process. Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165 degrees F when fully cooked.
- Remove skillet from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes. Spoon on fresh bruschetta mixture and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 41g
You might also like these chicken recipes: This Tasty, Quick And Easy Mongolian Chicken Is Gluten Free and Fast, Easy and Delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Teriyaki
Are you following Fountain Of 30 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest? We’ve got lots going on, so join in on the fun! Subscribe to our newsletter here. You don’t want to miss a post and promise not to bug you to death. We also started a Facebook Group called Growing Younger for women to discuss everything good and bad about being over 40. Additionally Lauren now hosts a podcast called Beauty is a Bitch! and a weekly Instagram Live series called “Growing Younger Gabfest with Lauren.”