Who doesn’t want gorgeous hair for the new year? Ring it in with healthy, beautiful hair with these five Radian/t Resolutions from Sassoon Salon. They have compiled the ultimate tips and tricks, plus their favorite products to help you refresh your look and achieve effortless, gorgeous hair for 2016.
- Try a Radiant Refresh – revamp your signature style by simply adding a side-swept fringe to your classic cut or upgrading your color with a warmer palette. This season’s statement styles call for cool, pared-back hair with effortless shine. My colorist Hamid Latif has taken me blonder (we decided together) to warm up my look (picture below) and hide my greying hair.
- Fashion an Everlasting Blow-Out – if you’ve spent the time creating your own beautiful blow-out or paid someone else to do it, the last thing you want is to wake up the next day and it be gone. Michael Forrey, Creative Director Downtown NYC, explains, “prep is paramount and a lightweight mousse will work as a setting lotion, but make sure you comb the product through your hair to achieve an even blow-dry.” Or head to your nearest Sassoon Salon – they now offer amazing blow-out services.
- Shine On – just like our skin, healthy hair gets its strength and shine from a combination of proteins and vitamins. Customized weekly treatments, such as a Sassoon Instant Fusio Dose Treatment by Kerastase, deliver a host of benefits to dry, parched hair – from boosting the vibrancy of your color to preventing future damage and instantly smoothing and strengthening each strand. It’s all about shiny hair this year.
- Turn Down the Heat – swap the perfect blow-out and try going au natural once a week. Embrace your natural texture by applying a conditioning style cream and air-drying. You will prevent breakage and cuticle damage, while maintaining softness and combating frizz. I actually do this since I color my hair so frequently. It deserves a break from the abuse.
- Go Glam After the Gym – slick your hair back using your fingers with a dollop of Gel Forte from Sebastian to hold the hair in place. Apply the product to the roots of your hair leaving out the ends. To achieve an even sleeker look, comb the gel through to tame any strays and let the hair air-dry. For a dryer texturized look, simply apply the product but blow dry the hair back and away from the face. Use bobby pins to secure the style in place and ensure longevity of the look.
Carol and I have been going to Sassoon Salons since we started Second City Style over 10 years ago. She continues to go in Chicago and I now go to one of their NYC locations. Head colorist Hamid Latif is the only person I trust to color my hair and various stylist have given me the best cuts I’ve ever had.
Visit Sassoon Salons to make an appointment.
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Photos: Sassoon Salons and Fountain Of 30