There is no escaping lace this fall and we couldn’t be happier. Dark or metallic lace with embellishments like leather, crystals and feathers makes us swoon. Judging by the Fall ’08 ready-to-wear shows (see below) lace is clearly a must-have.
Don’t be afraid to add lace stockings and open-toed pumps (please avoid lace leggings though). Unlike the old days, there is nothing prim and proper about lace today!
Let’s go fall shopping shall we?
1. Diane von Furstenberg ‘Olivette’ Dress $465
2. Giles Chain Lace Wrap Dress
Was $5,010 Now $3,006
3. Andrew Gn Wool Lace Straight Skirt $1,475
4. D&G DOLCE&GABBANA Floral Brocade Dress
Was $545 Now $327
5. Derek Lam Metallic lace shift dress $2,490
6. JS Boutique Low Back Lace Sheath Dress $150
7. Anna Sui Metallic Lace Dress
Was $430 Now $301
8. Kay Unger Lace Bubble Cocktail Dress $400
9. 3.1 Phillip Lim Runway Two-Tone Lace Dress $625
10. Derek Lam Peg Skirt $1,390
11. Milly Lace Overlay Dress $435
12. Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Lace Dress $995
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Runway photos: NY Mag