The tapered trouser is back in a big way for spring. For those of us who wore this trend back in the 80's, the thought of going there again might be a little unnerving. Heck, back when I was…well on my way to becoming a budding slave to fashion (you didn't think I would reveal my age did you?) we called them 'pegged' pants. They were baggy on top and super skinny from the knee down. All my jeans and even a fave pair of men's tuxedo pants were rendered cool by my handwork. In fact, I wasn't satisfied until I lost all feeling in my calves.
This spring, the tailored meets slouchy style is officially back. As evidenced by the Spring '09 runways designers from Phillip Lim to Helmut Lang are making the style popular again. The tapered trouser is actually more figure flattering than you might expect. They work with most body types and like the boyfriend jean, are a little relaxed and baggy which is great news for your thighs and stomach. Yet the tapered leg makes for a narrow line and perfect way to show off the still popular gladiator sandal. Enjoy!
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
1. Helmut Lang Wool Smoking Pants $335
2. Helmut Lang Oversized Tapered Pants $335
3. Organic Pleat Slim Pant $157.50
4. Bebe Double Waisted Cropped Silk Pant $129
Robert Rodriguez Slouch Pants $275
6. 3.1 Phillip Lim Peg Leg Pants $450
7. Rag & Bone Silk Trouser $370
8. Richard Nicoll Trouser $110
9. Thakoon Draped Pants $660
10. Proenza Schouler Pleated Peg Pants $650
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Layout: Allison Merzel