I find it rather ironic this style of jean (the ‘boyfriend’ jean) is back, but with a new name. These are the same jeans I wore in college…literally my boyfriend’s and brother’s. All worn and torn, they were my favorite jeans bar none! Basically they are just lose cut jeans (most without stretch).
I personally am not crazy about the ripped style. Nor do I think they should be too baggy. Just a size up form what you normally wear. I prefer the Levi’s 501 jeans in the darker wash sans holes (either women’s or men’s). They look best rolled three times. Wear your boyfriend jeans with a t-shirt or button-down and a fitted blazer (sleeves pushed up) and flats or booties and you will rock the trend like your favorite celebrities…or if you are like me, like I wore back in college before Lycra met denim.
YES! I LOOK FORWARD TO #GROWINGYOUNGER
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST.
1. Blank Relaxed Boyfriend Straight Leg Jeans in Shredded Wheat $75
2. Current/Elliott The Boyfriend Cropped Jean $226
3. ProportionofBlu Lose Leg Jeans $260
4. Levis 501 Boyfriend Cut Jeans $19.98
5. Citizens Of Humanity Selvage Boyfriend Jean $240
6. American Eagle Favorite Boyfriend Jean $39.50
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Images: Carol Calacci