I’m always interested in “age-perfecting” makeup and skincare products so when I heard of the new UK-based beauty brand Studio 10
founded by Grace Fodor
, I had to learn more. You know…for you.
Tailor made for women in their 40’s and beyond, Studio 10 is a very well-edited line of age-perfecting, skin-perfecting ‘quick fix’ problem-solvers
that make it super easy for you to look more youthful as part of your daily routine.
In his just-released book Simply Glamorous
, British makeup artist Gary Cockerill
lists Studio 10 Age Defy Skin Perfector, Youth Lift Glow-plexion, Visible Lift Face Definer, Longlast Velvet Liquid Lips and Age Reverse Perfecting Lipliner among his favorite products.
The standout product is the Age Defy Skin Perfector
kit. Instantly corrects, conceals and covers the signs of aging including fine lines, pigmentation, dark circles and redness. The gel-based formula is ultra-hydrating and is in a class by itself compared to the many thick formulas that drag, dry out and are hard to apply. Use with Studio | 10’s Doubled Ended Concealer Brush
Another product I have been using is the Brow Lift Perfecting Liner
is an ultra creamy, long-lasting double ended pencil features a universal defining and shaping shade, with a natural powder finish. The other end is a brightening highlighter that gives and instant brow lift. It’s enriched with Vitamin E which is hydrating and Paraben free.
A portion of proceeds from each Brow Lift Perfecting Liner pencil goes to Look Good Feel Better
, a charity that provides practical services for women, men and teenagers suffering from the visible side effects from cancer treatment.
Here are just some of Grace’s tips and tricks she is willing to share:
- Give yourself an INSTANT eye-lift when you dab concealer on the tear-stain at the outer-corner of your eyes. Use just a tiny amount so as not to accentuate crow’s feet!
- Make sure the surface of your skin is primed to perfection, to ensure any camouflage work doesn’t slide off the skin. A hydrating primer with ingredients like collagen and hyaluronic acid is best for more mature skin types. One that also includes silicone will help even out bumps and fine lines.
- Covering red patches is best done with a green tinted concealer (which is also extremely helpful for flaky skin and is in the kit). For best results apply BEFORE foundation and concealer.
- Those with redness or Rosacea should skip blush, instead contouring with a matte, natural brown tone to put more depth back into the skin.
- To hide spots and blemishes most effectively, use a concealer the same tone as your skin and push it into the spot gently using a clean brush. Set with a light powder to ensure it won’t slip off. You MUST clean the brush again afterwards to avoid cross contamination.
- To hide the signs of a late night, a nude, not white, eye pencil is best. Run along the inner eye for an instantly wide awake appearance.
Shop for Studio 10 at B-Glowing
- DON’T be tempted to cake foundation everywhere if your skin is less-than-perfect. Use a light base and apply camouflage products where you need them only for the most natural look!
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Samples provided for review, but opinions are expressly my own.