If you have ever visited a professional spa you undoubted know about SOTHYS Paris skincare. The company has been setting standards in professional beauty care for more than 60 years. Sothys prides itself for setting the pace of innovation with skincare collections featuring cosmeceuticals, marine & botanical actives and COSMEBIO certified organics. With all of that experience the company is now ready to take on the cosmetics industry with the launch of their new makeup collection. That’s right, the luxury collection launched earlier this month at their US flagship spa L’INSTITUT SOTHYS in NYC and will launch nationally in spas and online in June.
The initial launch collection consists of ‘essentials’ and every season new seasonal colors will be added. The look is “Effortless French Chic.” How do you get the look? At first glance it should look like you are wearing no makeup at all –natural, yet always flawless and refined. Don’t confuse this with a “just rolled–out–of–bed” look, but rather a way of subtly bringing out your unique and innate beauty, according to SOTHYS makeup artist Anne Kohlhagen. The Effortless Chic checklist is; gorgeous, healthy–looking skin; pretty, au naturel eyes; groomed, but not overly ‘done’ brows and lipstick as an accessory. And you MUST have a confident, nonchalant attitude.
SOTHYS New Makeup Essentials include;
- 3 fluid foundations: SOTHYS Teint Naturel ($46), Teint Mat ($46), or Teint Satiné ($52), according to your skin type
- SOTHYS Teint Lumineux Compact ($49) and Teint Transparent Compact ($49)
- SOTHYS Concealer Pencil ($21)
- SOTHYS Dark Circles Eraser ($34)
- SOTHYS Complexion Perfector ($45)
- SOTHYS Illuminating Trio for highlighter, sun powder and to even out eyelid area ($49)
- SOTHYS Universal Eye Pencil ($18)
- SOTHYS Essential Mascara ($28)
- SOTHYS Brow Pencil ($18)
- SOTHYS Plumping Lip Balm ($26)
- SOTHYS Universal Smoothing Lip Filler Pencil ($26)
- SOTHYS Rouge Doux sheer lipstick for daytime ($29)
- SOTHYS Rouge Intense lipstick for evening/bolder looks ($29)
I had the opportunity to try out the Teint Satiné foundation and a Rouge Intenses lipstick in Rouge Drouot (intense red) and I loved both! It’s really hard for me to find a red I like and looks good on me. I may have found it. It’s luxurious and stays put for hours and hours. What do you think?
To learn more and find where to purchase in June visit SOTHYS US.
– Lauren Dimet Waters
Sample provided for review, but opinions are expressly my own.