Oversized leather blazers for women have been shown by top designers like Tom Ford, Saint Laurent, Givenchy and for Spring at Peter Doo and Bottega Veneta (see above).
1. An oversized leather blazer is super-versatile. Throw it on over a t-shirt and jeans, a sweater or button up shirt with dress pants for work, or a silk blouse and sequin pants for evening.
2. The shape is flattering. The longer length keeps you covered, so you may feel more confident wearing it over tight jeans, pants or skirts that are a little more clingy.
3. It doesn’t wrinkle! A leather or faux leather jacket will keep it’s shape.
4. Super comfortable. The oversized shape is not restrictive and is easy to move in.
5. A chic way to stay warm. Instead of wearing a denim jacket, why not sport a more refined look? An oversized leather blazer will dress you up in an instant.
One of my favorite ways to wear a 90s inspired oversized blazer is over a t-shirt and denim jeans with boots, sandals or sneakers.
Or go all black and elegant like this Tom Ford look. Wear a black leather blazer with a black silk shirt, black pants or jeans and sleek gold high heel sandals.
Or take it down a notch and go with all black and a white tee. This look from Topshop is very 90s complete with high waist jeans and square toe boots.
You can also style an oversized leather jacket over a skirt, as shown with jackets from Reformation, Vince and Givenchy It works over many different shapes from slinky to body-con to full skirts.
Try cropped denim jeans and different colored accessories, like this look from & Other Stories. I adore the bright Kelly green handbag and the unusual wedge boots.
Go bold with matching pants and make a suit out of an oversized faux leather blazer like this look from Staud. (I’d recommend wearing a scoop neck top or cami under it!)