We’re just now starting to get out of the holiday fog and back into the hustle and bustle of everyday life – work meetings, birthday parties, cocktail hours and just the regular 40-hour workweek. We’re already juggling a lot of stuff, so figuring out how to grab your top-handle bag shouldn’t be one of them. Never hold your bag in your hands again! There are chic backpacks, fanny bags, shoulder bags and camera bags available that keep your hands free.
You might be a bit surprised to see a lot of backpacks on this list. Yeah, I know… a lot of us haven’t worn a backpack since our high school days. Yet like many things, backpacks are coming back in style. However it’s no longer the plain nylon version we were used to. Grownups can enjoy lots of leather in structural shapes with sleek metal embellishments and eye-catching prints.
What about fanny packs? Yes, we know they used to scream “tourist,” but they have been upgraded as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Toss it on and forget about it!
1. Carven Techno Print Backpack, $292
2. Vivienne Westwood Bow Camera Bag, $370
3. Marni Nappa Leather Backpack, $1,825.76
4. Jimmy Choo ‘Zoe’ Shoulder Bag, $725
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim ’31 Hour’ Leather Backpack, $1,416.67
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Fanny Pack Bag, $114
7. River Island Leather-Look Backpack, $64
– Taneisaha Jordan Willour
Image Layout: Second City Style
Style Sleuth: Hands Off Handbags
January 20, 2015