Just when it seemed as if maybe a little bit of sun was coming out, the entire U.S. got hit with another snowstorm. Yeah… it’s still cold out. Will this reign of gargantuan amounts of falling snowflakes ever end? You might not have time to take an island vacation but you can get a little color on your skin (if that’s your sort of thing). If you don’t have time to hit the beach, why not start bronzing today sans tanning booths?
Self-tanning doesn’t have to mean smelly, irremovable stains and orange hands. You can add some color to your skin without going overboard. Tinted moisturizers and BB creams are great for adding just a touch of glow, while still looking natural. Also, consider a shimmery gold wash on the eyelids with pink lips which makes for a classic and sexy combination.
Of course, when you think about being bronzed, you might just consider ‘your face’. But don’t forget, people can see the rest of your skin too! That’s when your trusty ‘winter white’ and ‘pastel pinks’ come into play. Bright whites and light pinks play up that darkened skin tone, while still being fashionable chic. Gold jewelry works just as well too unless your skin has cool undertones – gold won’t look as bright.
We don’t have to listen to what that groundhog Punxsutawney Phil said. Maybe getting tanned for spring will bring the summer sun here faster!
1. Dolce & Gabbana Glow Bronzing Powder, $66
2. Kevyn Aucoin “#205” Eye Shadow Duo, $42
3. DailyLook Artist Midi Dress, $69.99
4. Charlotte Tilbury “The Golden Goddess” Look, $225
5. Sheinside Embellished Faux Fur Coat, now $44.49
6. Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Cream Bronzer, $10.99
7. Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzing Tint, $39.95
8. Forever 21 Boucle Overcoat, now $49.99
– Taneisha Jordan Willour
Image Layout: Second City Style