Happy (almost) Valentine’s Day! Are you recently single or still looking for that special someone? Fountain Of 30 has teamed up with the dating site EliteSingles for their Valentine’s Day campaign called #itsadate and we are super excited to share our EliteSingles Dress To Impress first date styling tips with you. In case you are not familiar with EliteSingles, they are a global dating site that launched the USA in 2015. Available in 18 countries, EliteSingles is a leading premium brand that connects single professionals aged 35+, who are looking for meaningful and long-lasting relationships. They use a detailed signup questionnaire and in-depth verification process to target successful, accomplished and educated users – the majority (82%) of whom are university educated to at least a Bachelor degree level.
Here are some statistics EliteSingles found about dating impressions that might surprise you:
- 1 in 4 people (men and women) would buy a new outfit for a first date. Feeling comfortable is important.
- 60% of people would be put off if an outfit was too revealing and you are 25% more likely to have a bad date if your outfit is too revealing.
- Make-up should be subtle and natural as 8 out of 10 people are put off by their date wearing too much makeup.
- For women, 42% said wrinkled or dirty clothing was the biggest faux-paus when it came to a first date; for men, it was too much make-up.
- 83% of people believe that a good outfit is a crucial part of creating a first impression.
So follow the link below to watch our video, to learn more about EliteSingles’ dating bootcamp, to get some fabulous suggestions for both day and evening first date outfits and to enter the giveaway!
You could not only win a $1,000 shopping spree to purchase your perfect first date outfit….you will also get one on one advice with us via video call where you can ask us any fashion advice questions or run outfit ideas past us. We will be your BFF to give you the confidence you need before that important first date!
EliteSingles will email the winner on Sunday 12th.